Centre for Social and Economic Development (CSED)
Salem Main Road, Nallampalli
636807 Dharmapuri District-Tamil Nadu
Contact person: N. Arockiadoss
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Women's policy
- Overnight facilities
- Volunteers are welcome.
The Centre for Social and Economic Development (CSED) is a registered society and started in 1984 in the Nallampalli block of the Dharmapuri District in Tamilnadu, India. The organization started with the objective of socio-economic development of scheduled castes, scheduled tribes and other backward communities by making aware of them on health and environmental education and motivation them in saving and credit facilities. In three phases is has extended its activities in the areas of women, child and youth development - development of small industries and skill development of the people towards self employment and self sustained growth of the total community of the world.
- Severe drought in the concerned district.
- Division of the Dharmapuri into Krishnagini the industrial areas Hosur had gone to Krishnagiri. Dharmapuri people are the sufferers without any employment.
- Government schemes does not reach the target group ordinary and marginalised farmer.
- Massive migration to cities in search of employment.
- Sexual abuse is common among SC colony women. Hence it leads to HIV/AIDS increased day by day.
- Food production is extremely less compared to the last years due to failure of monsoon.
Help and Assistance to solve these problems:
- Alternative employment is very essential in order the people survive.
- Income generative activities is the final solution in each backward SC colonies throughout the Dharmapuri District.
- Arrangement of generation of political awareness in the concerned District is essential.
- Measure of uniformity in thinking and togetherness is a must.
- Voluntary initiative of the educated persons to educate these down trodden community.
- Abolition of bribe in Government Departments.
Training programs are given for agarbathi making in 15 villages, basket (wire) making in 5 villages and candal manufacturing in 5 villages, tamarind processing in 5 villages.
N. Arockiadoss is the secretary of the Centre for Social and Economic Development.
For other net participants we offer overnight facilities. We can also offer expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion and establish new contacts in the fields of women development, micro credits and rural development.