Mother of Hope Cameroon (MOHCAM)
P.O Box 229, Commercial Avenue,Savannah Street
Contact person: Adah Mbah Muyang
+237 6735405; +237 673 540 517 / 696 743 528
- Human rights
- Peace politics
- Women's policy
- Overnight facilities
- Volunteers are welcome.
Mother of Hope Cameroon (MOHCAM) is a nonprofit Women and Youths led organization founded in 2010 and located in the North West Region of Cameroon. MOHCAM promotes and fosters the rights and development of women and youths in rural communities and schools. She advocates and fights against all forms of abuses faced by women and youths in society. MOHCAM educates, empowers underprivileged youths and women to attain their full potentials while taking into consideration the relevant social, economic and ecological aspects which guarantees their sustainable human developments.
To give hope to the hopeless and propagate a culture of justice and peace
• Human Rights: We empower women& youths to break the cycle of violence and help women seek for justice.
• Girls Must Lead: We develop leader skills in young people irrespective of culture, race or status.
• Forced And Early Marriages: We invest and promote the girl child education and families against early and forced marriages.
• School Related Gender Based Violence: Providing a safe haven for youths in schools fighting against psychological violence.
• Peace and Security: Promoting a culture of peace building in schools & communities affected by conflict.
• Sexual Reproductive Health Rights: Raising awareness on sexual issues and educating young people in schools & communities on Menstruation and their bodies.
• Agriculture: Fighting against poverty & hunger
• Youth Empowerment
• Skill Development
• Advance gender equality: Provide Psychological Counseling; Educate leaders on the equity in laws and social statue; Create gender-based clubs in schools to promote equality
• Fight against all forms of violence affecting women and girl: Support victims with a revolving capital to start a business; Workshops and training on the national and internals Laws which protect women and girls; Provide books and school fees for vulnerable girl´s victims; Sensitization campaigns promoting Peace and non- violence measures on Media/Churches
• Empower women and girls in Leadership: Coach girls through clubs to be involve in leadership role; Provide books/school requirements and school fees to educate more girls in schools; Leadership training for girls in secondary schools to equip them as future women politicians
• Development/Economic Empowerment and the fight against poverty: Support women economically with a revolving capital to start a business; Link girl leaders to women leaders in communities and in political positions for mentoring.
• Educate women and girls on sexual reproductive health rights in schools and communities: Sensitization of Sex Education in schools and communities; Sensitization of Women Groups on Sex and Family Life; Sexual Rights and Responsibilities; Fight against sexual violence in schools and communities; Advocating for the re-washable sanitary pads for women and girls to fight against poverty and create employment for many in the production industry. Also encouraging women to promote Eco-free products
Adah Mbah Muyang is the Founder and Executive Director of Mother of Hope Cameroon (MOHCAM).
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Also we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.