anamed international e.V.
Contact person: Dr. Hans-Martin Hirt
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Volunteers are welcome.
anamed (Action for Natural Medicine) was initiated in 1986 by the German pharmacist HansMartin Hirt and African healers. In the course of time they have been joined by many other active people in many countries of Africa and other continents. In 1994 the organisation “anamed international” was registered in Germany as the German equivalent of a charitable trust with its HQ in Winnenden to support the activities of anamed worldwide.
anamed works in development partnership. Core point is to promote a responsible, sustainable and universally accessible health and nutrition, using our experiences, gained in 30 years of natural medical practise in the tropics and around the world.
We dream of a world in which even those people living in the most simple circumstances meet their own health needs, by using their own skills and abilities to utilise their own locally available resources.
Our main activities:
• We run week-long seminars in the Tropics. Thus people are trained who subsequently train others and local Natural Medicine networks are developed.
• We run seminars also in Europe to train missionaries and development workers on natural medicines and to promote a sharing of experiences and to give them relevant materials.
• We take part in workshops, both in the North and the South, to spread our message to others.
• We coordinate and support groups in tropical countries that practice Natural Medicine.
• We write and publish books about Natural Medicine and constantly amend and improve them.
• We support agricultural and pharmacological research into healing plants.
• We particularly promote the cultivation and use of Artemisia annua and Moringa, for the treatment of malaria, HIV/AIDS and malnutrition, the three main plagues of the Third World.
The focus of our seminar work are:
• Production of - otherwise often unattainable expensive - medicines.
• Notice within the population, how we can try to prevent diseases, with (or without) medicinal plants
• Scientific work for the people and also for their economic benefit. And a medicinal herb garden may also create pride for local organizations and churches!
Dr. Hans-Martin Hirt is the Chairman of anamed international e.V..
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.