Can Arkadas e.V.
Verein für interkulturelle Erziehung, Bildung, Kultur und Sport e.V.
Contact person: Sahabeddin Buz
- Antiracism, policy of integration
- Educational policy/project
- Women's policy
- Volunteers are welcome.
Can Arkadas - Society for cross-cultural upbringing, education, culture and sport – has been working on a non-profit basis since 1988 in the area of cross-cultural social, educational and cultural work. It has acted as a sponsor of the free youth welfare service since 2004.
• Alongside work with parents, an important part of our work involves sport provisions and also projects for the prevention of violence.
• Our premises are used as a meeting place for various migrant groups, individual migrants and German citizens. . Similarly, the society's rooms are a drop-in centre for general social counselling and support.
• We focus on advice, further education, projects and events to improve the creative and learning abilities of people and institutions concerned with immigration and cross-cultural variety.
• Alongside cultural activities we have over the last few years concentrated mainly on projects, courses and informative events aimed at the education and integration of Turkish-speaking immigrants.
• Women's project: this is principally designed for female immigrants and mainly serves to encourage their independence and facilitate their integration into society. Among other things we provide individual exercise training, outings to the Harz for mothers and children, computer courses for women (in Turkish).
• Senior citizens' project – a project for older immigrants with the aim of encouraging interest and the active participation in German society of mainly older Turkish women. We help them to orientate themselves, and to strengthen their feeling of belonging to what they perceive as a foreign host country. The following activities are carried out: weekly meetings, encounter opportunities, outings, cultural festivals, social contacts, discussions, social counselling, mediation with other services and institutions, information events on various subjects (partly with outside speakers), reading circles, discussions on various topics.
• Work with children and young people: prevention and integration through the vehicle of sport.
• Education: German language course, Turkish language course, literacy classes, computer courses for beginners, senior citizens, Russian-speaking immigrants.
• Advice: social counselling
• Culture: Japan. children's group, choir, painting group
• Sport: Swimming courses, cycling courses
Sahabeddin Buz is the president of Can Arkadas - Society for cross-cultural upbringing, education, culture and sport .
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.