Better Place Volunteers
P.O.Box, 23802, Bombo Road
Contact person: Richard Ssenyonga
- Commune, community project
- Environmental project
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Overnight facilities
- Volunteers are welcome.
Better Place Volunteers is a non profit organisation committed to improve the quality of life in the Ugandan communities. Through the placement of international volunteers and connecting them to communities where there expertise and interest is more needed.
Our main goal is to empower the less fortunate in all Ugandan communities. We reward our volunteers with so much to take with them including the voluntourism package where our volunteers get to explore and visit tourist attractions like the wild life, water rafting and so much more in Uganda.
Our Mission is to build a new global village through leadership in voluntourism and non-profit management
Better Place Volunteers have changed the trend of volunteering , we have combined volunteer work with adventure which we call "Voluntorurism". We have designed our programs in a way that our volunteers get spare time to travel around Uganda and visit different tourist attractions.
The Better Place Volunteers is involved in a number of projects and programs of which some are all year round programs and some are seasonal. We have projects both rural areas and urban areas, so its upto the volunteer to decide on which projects they wish to undertake.
• Education: Volunteers shall teach Basic English science and mathematics, others may include sex and reproductive education, Socio-economical and psychological empowerment, games and physical education.
• Orphanage: Volunteers shall offer support, care and family for the orphans and vulnerable. The Volunteers shall develop the mental and moral sense of belonging and responsibility and they create a platform for volunteers mentor the children and offer them cross cultural exposure.
• Administrative: We need volunteers to help with the office work like book keeping, coordinating volunteers, drawing time tables allocating volunteers to different tasks and so on.
• Health: As Volunteers you´ll be working at local health facilities.
• Sports & Music: Volunteers will help in developing passion in sports like football, basketball, volleyball etc among school and community kids. Volunteers will assists in training drills, coordinating skills and organizing competitions among sports men and women.
• Elderly & Disabled: Better Place Volunteers welcomes international visitors who are interested in learning more about Disabilities and ageing in Africa who would like to share ideas and information about care of disabled and older persons. Training, playing and learning materials are always welcome.
Richard Ssenyonga is a Co-Founder of Better Place Volunteers.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Also we can give an expert opinion and establish new contacts in the field of Volunteering, Project Fundraising.