BetterWorld Cameroon (BWC) Yaoundé
Contact person: Joshua Konkankoh
+237 77 89 15 80
- Educational policy/project
- Aid organization
- Environmental project
- Volunteers are welcome.
We are a group of nature lovers in Cameroon constituted in a grassroots NGO called Better World Cameroon (BWC), which was established in 1996. We are putting in place a new system of sustainable farming and proper land use through sustainable agricultural practices constituted in permaculture design. We are committed to playing a crucial role in improving the art of living with nature and human wellbeing in Cameroon and beyond.
Better World Cameroon (BWC) is a network of non profit youth development associations of local social initiatives (workcamps, volunteer placements, internship, non formal education); we work for community empowerment through education for sustainable development programs at the municipal level.
Our mission is to train and engage youth in Cameroon, West and Central African countries and beyond in the design of sustainable agricultural initiatives based on permaculture that projects African values and ethics of care of the land.
Objectives of BWC:
• Develop local sustainable agricultural strategies for mitigating the food crisis and extreme poverty that combine indigenous knowledge systems with science and appropriate technologies.
• Initiate and assist the process of establishing a vibrant, socially conscious, economically and environmentally sustainable culture.
• Address environmental challenges to safeguard our natural heritage
• Build institutional capacity and train young entrepreneurs for the Green Job market.
• Ndanifor permaculture eco village, commonwealth lodge and commonwealth young farmers club (social business support project and youth development agenda designed to help young social entrepreneurs tackling societal and environmental challenges facing Cameroon - based in Bamenda.
• Better World Ecological Literacy Center - based in Yaounde
• Better World Students Nature Club – Environmental Education Programme in school
• Ndanifor Dance and Theater Troupe – Theatre for Development- Organizational Development support to rural councils and community based organizations - Bamenda and Yaounde
• e-classroom and Distance Education- development of IT Skills for Rural Farmers
• Entrepreneurship, girls education and small business development – Bamenda & Maroua
• BetterCOOP Cooperative for organic farming and researching marketing channels
• Cameroon One World Linking Association COWLA
BWC helps youth/women associations; small & medium scale farmers accelerate sustainable agriculture and develop Agri business food chains.
BWC accompanies young people with innovative ideas and empower them to turn their social business ideas into high impact solutions to Africa’s social and environmental problems.
Through “Together for a better world” International Summer Workcamp we organize seminars, workshops, as well as couching and mentoring sessions on Permaculture, Education for Sustainable Development, climate change and the MDGs.
We carry out Inter-Cultural consultancies for International Organizations interested in Cameroon.
Joshua Konkankoh is the Project Director of Better World Cameroon.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.