ANTIGONE – Information and Documentation Center on Racism, Ecology, Peace and Non-Violence
Ptolemaion 29Α, Postal Code 546 30
Contact person: Nassos Theodoridis
+30 2310 285 688;
+30 2310 222 503
- Aid organization
- Human rights
- Peace politics
- Volunteers are welcome.
ANTIGONE - Information and Documentation Center on Racism, Ecology, Peace and Non Violence is a non profit organisation that was established in 1993. ANTIGONE´s main offices are located in Thessaloniki with its branch in Athens. From its establishment in 1993, ANTIGONE is active in the fields of anti-racism and non-discrimination, human rights, social ecology, peace and non-conflict resolution.
The aim of the organisation is the promotion of equal opportunities for all without any discrimination -e.g. on the basis of sex, race, national origin, social/economic/educational status, disability, age, religion etc. Through its activities that are based on solidarity and active participation, ANTIGONE targets to awareness raising and sensitisation of the society on issues of non discrimination, human rights, ecology, non violence and interculturality.
• New Forms of European Citizenship in the Era of Migration – NECME
• Comics in Human Rights Education: Educational art project for refugee adolescents
• Peer mediation in schools: Development of teacher toolkit and pilot implementation with a student group
• Help: The project is a multilateral attempt of both Greece (through the collaboration of three organizations: ANTIGONE, Greek Council for Refugees and Smile of the Child) and Serbia to improve the living conditions of asylum seekers and refugees in the respective two countries.
• Say it with comics: "Say it with comics" project is implemented by ANTIGONE in collaboration with the non profit organisation AddART, with the exclusive donation by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation.
• EXPERIENCE CRIME: Increasing the capacity of law enforcement authorities to tackle racist crime, hate crime and homophobic crime through experiential learning
• Artability: Artability is a 2 years project based on the sharing of good practices mobilising people with disability into lifelong learning process through laboratories on visual art techniques and management of art exhibitions, as well as through strengthening their belief in personal capabilities.
• Waves of citizenship, waves of legality: The project is an attempt for a fruitful dialogue, through processes of participative democracy, between civil society and public entities with the perspective to find possible solutions to prevent well as to respond against organized crime.
• Schools for Change: Under the framework of "Schools for Change" project ANTIGONE carries out non formal educational workshops with the participation of students in primary schools, secondary schools and high schools according to the needs and the curricula of every class
• DARE Net: The Desegregation and Action for Roma in Education Network (DARE-Net) is a project that aims in the creation of a Roma and non-Roma civil society network and will share and disseminate good practices as well as successful initiatives in the field of education of Roma children and students.
• Milieu: "The European legal framework on hate speech, blasphemy and its interaction with freedom of expression" (A study by the EU Directorate-General of Internal Policies)
• Youth for Rights: The general aim of the project is to promote human rights and empower youth participation in society. There will be workshops discussing general fields of human rights in order to raise consciousness and awareness of the participants as to conceive themselves as democratic citizens and to strengthen their ability to become active in the development towards an inclusive society.
• We Are Able to Work 2020 - Able ´20: Able ´20 is an international project which supports the introduction, implementation and promotion of innovative and qualitative elements in non-formal education and youth work, while bringing together the target group of young people with disabilities with the field of employment through self-promotion in partner countries Greece, Italy, Spain, and Lithuania.
• SelfDefenceIT: Migrant Women defend themselves against violence in New Media
• ACID: Active citizens for intercultural dialogue
• And more…
Athanasios Theodoridis is the Director of ANTIGONE - Information and Documentation Center on Racism, Ecology, Peace and Non Violence.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.