PO BOX 6564
Contact person: Jean-Claude Kamwenubusa
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Educational policy/project
- Volunteers are welcome.
The organisation “Association pour la solidarité et l’Assistance Socio-Sanitaire / Association for Solidarity, Health and Social Assistance (ASASS-Burundi)” is a not for profit organization.
ASASS-Burundi’s mission is to provide social, educational, and healthcare services to the people in order to reduce the inequalities of class, gender, location, and generation that afflict the country. Its efforts are targeted towards the populations that suffer the most from those inequities: Children, youth, women, adolescent and the poor. They conduct field research to understand the current state of affairs in Burundi and identify the most pressing needs and then create programs to address these needs.
We work in consultation with volunteer international experts and youth coalitions Organisation worldwide to ensure the achievement of Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), the social sustainable living standards and the welfare of all citizens within Burundian communities.
ASASS-BURUNDI seeks to achieve its mission by:
• Alleviating the burden of chronic and infectious diseas: HIDDEN HUNGER- malnutrition and all kind of Micro nutrients defficiciency-Vitamines and minerals and reducing the spread of HIV/AID and the burden of TB, Heart diseases,…
• Foster access to medication as a basic human right but also as an obligation.
• Adopt and sponsor over 1500 orphans, HIV/AIDS vulnerable children and disadvantaged youth, with minority groups and ensure their primary, secondary education
• Find International donors, sponsor and partners to enable 120 adopted orphans and HIV/AIDS youth to subscribe to University courses in Burundi for academic year 2010-2011
• Assessing, monitoring the situation of women, youth and children’s health, rights and employment, through research, meadow visits and consultation.
• Developing culturally appropriate prevention messages with educational and didactic materials necessary to make the communication more effective.
• Dispatch and receiving the visitors impassioned by the support services within our family “ASASS-Burundi” for a more interdependent development.
• Initiate micro-credits and micro finances aimed at sponsoring poor rural farmers women groups and small youth entrepreneurs through innovative projects for sustainable development and micro-business for income generation.
Jean-Claude Kamwenubusa is the Executive Director-Legal Representative/President of the organization.
For other net participants we can offer expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.