Art for AIDS International
One London Place, 255 Queens Ave, Suite 250
London, Ontario N6A 5R8
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Aid for developing countries
- Volunteers are welcome.
Art for AIDS International is a non-profit organization, founded in 2001, dedicated to raising funds and awareness for those most affected by the HIV/AIDS pandemic. By engaging students through art and HIV/AIDS awareness workshops, Art for AIDS International works to foster a perspective of hope and passion for tomorrow’s leaders while providing direct support to grassroots organizations across sub-Saharan Africa.
Art for Aids International focuses on three distinct areas:
• HIV/AIDS Education and Advocacy through Art and Youth based programming.
• Offering funding to organizations working with women and children affected by HIV/AIDS in communities throughout sub-Saharan Africa.
• Providing scholarship funding for children otherwise unable to attend school across sub-Saharan Africa. This includes the fees for tuition, books, uniforms, and depending on the location of the school, accommodations.
Art for AIDS International is a not-for-profit organization that hosts workshops in schools to educate students about the causes and complex effects of the HIV/AIDS pandemic, while giving each participant the opportunity to translate their insights into the production of original collage artwork. A number of collages from each workshop are selected to be produced as original machine made limited edition prints that are signed and numbered by the individual student artist. These prints are then sold to the public with all proceeds benefiting community-based grassroot projects working with people affected by HIV/AIDS.
Opportunities for Youth:
At Art for AIDS, we work to integrate youth at all levels. Students can partake in workshops, lead events in their school or local community, apply for internships to work either out of our head office or abroad, or actively participate at the governance level on the board of directors or within a committee.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.