Am Wildpark 15
Contact person: Anton Wiewiora
- Educational policy/project
- Women's policy
- Aid organization
- Volunteers are welcome.
Children who were born in the 1990s in Togo, now have virtually no future prospects. Girls are particularly affected. They leave school much too early, sometimes at 13 or even younger, and are forced into marriage.
Therefore, we have taken the initiative and Aurore was founded to help people to help themselves. This is intended to invigorate the emancipation of women in Togo society and on a political level. Because the emancipation of women is the central, most important issue. Aurore is a non-profit organization. We work in collaboration with our partner organisation Aurore COMIT on site.
• The Aurore organisation is an aid project to help children and young people in Togo. Working from Germany, we seek to make a contribution to development in Togo, a land where over 70% of the population are under 25 years old.
• Our approach is helping people to help themselves, and supporting individual initiatives of children and young people in Togo, so that they can take their future into their own hands. .
• We also believe in the concept of participation, in order to motivate the children and youngsters that we we support in Togo. We wish to bring their training in line with a world that is increasingly global.
• To achieve this goal, we focus on projects such as a German-Togolese student exchange, the involvement of parents in Togo in the education of their children, and above all, help from the Togolese Community in Germany and the German population, especially since Togo was the first African country where Germans settled – im 1884.
Programmes and Projects
• The program “Education with Aurore” is concerned with learning which builds bridges between global contexts and the lives of the learners. Issues of global development, which at first appear to be far away, are made clear and comprehensible by means of practical experience. Aurore encourages people of all ages to engage the world in an open and attentive way: to make critical enquiries and to campaign for social justice and small and large scale sustainable solutions, to gain experience and spread knowledge – especially by school exchange schemes.
• School project in Sokodé, Togo
• Building a computer centre for disadvantaged students and young people to enable them to handle the new media, under the motto “Virtual window on the world”.
Aurore works in collaboration with the organisation AURORE-TOGO and the LEG - Lycée d´enseignement general Abraham” (seconary school level 2, general education) in Sokodé, independent of political parties and religion.
Frau Ayélévi Wiewiora is the president of Aurore.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.