BürgerBegehren Klimaschutz e.V. (BBK)
Greifswalder Str. 4
Contact person: Claudia Löhle
- Environmental organization
- Educational policy/project
- Environmental project
Demokratie-Camp 12.-15.Oktober 2023, Berlin (kostenfrei!)
Bist du es leid, wie langsam die Energie- oder Verkehrswende in deiner Stadt vorangeht? Die bisherigen kommunalen Klimaschutz-Maßnahmen findest du nicht ausreichend? Du bist bereits aktiver Teil einer lokalen Klimainitiative? Dann nimm mit direkter Demokratie die Klimapolitik selbst in die Hand!
Als BürgerBegehren Klimaschutz e.V. unterstützen wir bereits seit 15 Jahren bundesweit Gruppen dabei, lokale Klimaschutzmaßnahmen mittels Bürgerbegehren und Einwohneranträgen voranzutreiben. Um gemeinsam eure Kampagnen und Ideen weiterzuentwickeln, laden wir euch vom 12.-15. Oktober zu unserem Workshop-Wochenende nach Berlin ein. Wir machen euch und eure Gruppe fit für euer erfolgreiches Klimabegehren!
Anmeldung und mehr Informationen: https://buerger-begehren-klimaschutz.de/demokratie-camp-im-oktober/
The non-profit association BürgerBegehren Klimaschutz (BBK for short) was founded on March 3rd, 2008 in Germany, with the aim of motivating groups nationwide and supporting local climate protection measures by means of citizens' petitions.
For us, democracy and climate protection must work together. At Citizens’ Desire for Climate Protection (BBK), the focus is on climate protection which is brought about through democratic processes. This includes citizens' petitions, referendums, but also randomly selected citizens' councils.
Under the motto "tackle climate change yourself", we rely on the commitment of local people. We encourage local initiatives to make full use of their opportunities for co-determination in the implementation of climate-friendly local politics and actively support them on their way there. At the same time, we advise local politicians and administrators when it comes to citizen participation and municipal climate protection.
Limiting global warming to 1.5 degrees and complying with the Paris Climate Protection Agreement is BBK's top priority and guiding principle.
This will require radical restructuring, which must be supported by the people.
What we do:
• BBK therefore advises local initiatives throughout Germany on making full use of their co-determination opportunities in the form of direct-democratic instruments (e.g. citizens' petitions or referendums) and forms of citizen participation (e.g. citizens' applications, planning cells, citizens' councils) for the implementation of climate-friendly local politics. We actively accompany them on their way there. We network local initiatives and make local successes visible nationwide.
• We make our technical expertise available to all interested parties free of charge.
• Since the implementation of climate protection measures is increasingly shifting to the local administrations, we are also there to provide advice. Through seminar series, specialist publications and educational material, we prepare information on the most important aspects of climate change and pass on our knowledge.
• BBK is also active at state and federal level, as long as appropriate democratic policy instruments are available. From 2012 to 2013, for example, BBK organized the referendum of the Berliner Energetisches for the remunicipalisation of Berlin's energy supply and acted in 2021 and 2022 as the project-responsible sponsoring association for the organization of the Citizens’ Climate Council for Germany, which was initiated by civil society.
• BBK works across parties and organizations, free of charge and unbureaucratically. Our work is financed by foundation grants and donations.
Claudia Löhle is the office manager of BürgerBegehren Klimaschutz (BBK).
On request, we can provide advice for other network participants, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date specialist information and contacts in the field of our work.