Disabled Motorists Federation (DMF)
Sunderland Carers Centre, Thompson Park, Southwick,
SR 5 1FF Sunderland
Contact person: John Killick
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Aid organization
- Volunteers are welcome.
The registered charity Disabled Motorists Federation (DMF) was established over 40 years ago with the original intention to give advice to disabled people (irrespective of the nature of their disability) and their carers on issues relating to motoring and transport matters. (DMF) is an umbrella organisation for independent disabled motorists clubs. DMF provides them with a wide range of support, information and a free quarterly magazine.
The Federation can offer free advice on selecting the correct type of vehicle, vehicle modification and travel by motor vehicle in general to all disabled people and their carer. They can also advise on all aspects of travel, including holiday travel and how to plan the same. In addition they try to campaign on such things as trying to persuade hotel and travel companies to use the correct symbols for disabled on their advertising and brochures.
• Public and Corporate Services: We are always looking at ways to assist our Members and our Partners, so we have set up some processes to do this. Access Audits; Health & Safety; First Aid; Food Hygiene/Food Safety; Fire Safety; Information Technology; Equality & Diversity; Driving at Work Awareness; Customer Service
• Public Transport Service: Operators Guide to Passenger Rights; First Safe Journey Card; Merseyside Transport Partnership closes in on Government funding
• Motoring Services: RDAC - Regional Driving Assessment Centre; Tips on Driving in Winter Conditions; Disabled Grant Facilities; is4profit; Vehicle Builders and Repairers Association (VBRA)
• Legal Services: The Disabled Motorists Federation can provide a variety of legal services to DMF members, carers, friends and families through its association with a long established and reputable law firm.
• The Way Ahead Magazine
John Killick is the HonorarySecretary of The Disabled Motorists Federation (DMF).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.