Aktionskreis Kinder von Tschernobyl Görlitz e.V.
Görlitzer Str. 58
Contact person: Martina Baginski
- Aid organization
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Volunteers are welcome.
The Görlitz Action Group for the Children of Chernobyl was founded on 16th May 1992, and registered as a non-profit organisation.
The main aim is to help those children and their families who were harmed by radiation or are disadvantaged as a result of the nuclear reactor catastrophe in Chernobyl.
In practice, this means:
• organising a holiday in Görlitz annually, for at least 15 children;
• aid for inhabitants of the affected area;
• participating in aid transport from Saxony to the twinned region;
• publicity work in Germany, to raise awareness of the catastrophic situation in the areas affected, and to ensure that this catastrophe does not get forgotten;
• support for a boarding school in Stankowo in the Dscherschinsk area.
Martina Baginski is the president of the the Görlitz Action Group for the Children of Chernobyl.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.