Arbeiterkultur und Bildungsverein e.V. (AKBV)
Contact person: Alexander Lachenschmidt (Integration, Seminar, Schule, ADiA, EVS, Jugendleiterausbildung, Jugendaustausch)
- Peace politics
- Antiracism, policy of integration
- Volunteers are welcome.
The Workers’ Culture and Education Association is a non-profit-making organisation founded in 1981, and has offices in Munich and Ingolstadt.
Our work focuses on work culture education and peace. We foster an attitude of commitment among employees and we support initiatives.
• We seek to contribute towards the integration of immigrants. We attend to their individual needs.
• Immigrants in Munich and Ingolstadt attend German language courses to enable them to participate more fully in the life of the community.
• The association protects equal opportunity by tutoring pupils who need help.
• Under the motto „A year for the world“, we give young people, including those doing their year of civilian service, a chance to work overseas with the European Voluntary Service and the ADiA.
• International youth encounters for character building:
The association organises regular encounters between young people, in the form of international school exchanges, international youth exchanges, leisure activities in Germany with participants from overseas and German participation in leisure activities abroad.
• The association organises seminars on the topics of new media, learning to learn, exposure to the media etc.
The Workers’ Culture and Education Association keeps in close contact with 49 European, East European, African and Latin American countries. It conducts up to three multilateral seminars and 20 bilateral youth exchanges annually. These foster international understanding and are an opportunity to discuss the issues involved. The seminars and exchange schemes usually have a given theme, such as work with disadvantaged young people, racism and peace issues, ecology, equality and human rights. Alongside this there are training courses for youth leaders and instructors.
Alexander Lachenschmid is the president of the Workers’ Culture and Education Association.
On request, we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation and pass on up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.