Narodna Dopomoha (People's Aid)
Gaidara St. 9a
Ansprechpartner: Kovalyshyn, Ivan
- Gemeinschaft, Gemeindeprojekt
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
The public association Narodna Dopomoha (People's Aid) is a non-profit, non-governmental, non-religious and non-political, young and democratic organization, working actively in the social service market since 1993 in the city of Chernivtsi, Ukraine. The organization was founded by an experienced team in order to relieve the sufferings of those in need, namely the elderly, the homeless and the poor. The association also works to enhance and improve the NGO market and the democratic climate in the region by promoting civil society to the general public, protecting the rights of the disadvantaged and assisting city officials and other NGOs, to improve their social service. Since its establishment Narodna Dopomoha has considerably improved the lives of the elderly, the homeless and the poor through its social services. The association's mission reflects the impact that, Narodna Dopomoha has on these people, donors, sponsors and the entire Ukrainian community. Their mission is to help the most vulnerable individuals of Chernivtsi - the elderly, the homeless and the poor- to enrich Ukrainian society with democracy and hope.
Its ongoing activities:
- Public Soup Kitchen Activity - charity dinners for elderly people, for the poor, orphan children and disabled/invalids,
- Meals on Wheels - charity dinners for the homeless in order to help them survive in the streets,
- Warm Winter - used clothes collection among the schools, higher educational institutions and local population for the needs of the homeless and orphan children,
- Know-how transfer programs (with its partner organisations: Volkshilfe (People's Aid) Austria and Emmaus Peltre, France) - for its staff and for representatives of Chernivtsi social offices, aimed at experience sharing with their colleagues,
- Work with the Homeless - provision of social and health care services to the target group,
- BANO - Bukovyna Association of Non-profit Organisations - an umbrella body aimed at partnership relations development and pooling of experience of regional non-profits to raise their professional level and expertise.
Ivan Kovalychyn is responsible for the organisation's general management; he contacts with the local authorities, sponsors, partners and does the projects planning.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, deliver a lecture, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.