Maphunziro Foundation (MAF)
Ansprechpartner: MacDonald Sembereka
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Maphunziro Foundation (MAF) is a not for profit, it is a non governmental organisation established and registered under the Trustees Incorporation Act of the laws of Malawi in 1996. It was established to be the support systems for the vulnerable groups and further enhance the already advocated for poverty eradication and facilitate the empowerment of these vulnerable groups as a means to attain greater and tangible development.
The objectives of the foundation are:
• To sensitise the youth, women, community leaders and the community at large about the dangers of HIV/AIDS.
• To promote greater understanding about of gender and equity.
• To speak out on topical issues on behalf of the voiceless and advocate for positive change in respect to issues human rights, gender and HIV/AIDS.
• To provide counselling and training on issues of decolonising the mind from stereo-types on issues of gender, HIV/AIDS and human rights especially those that affect them.
• To provide life skills training for the youth especially the orphan and the under privileged child for economic empowerment.
• To provide space to monitor growth, extensive feeding and child day care services for the orphans and other needy children.
Maphunziro Foundation is currently busy forming Village AIDS Committees (VAC) with the aim of empowering the community to have responsibility on the chronically ill patients and the elderly in their respective areas, taking care of the orphans and vulnerable children, spreading the HIV / AIDS messages in their areas and having responsibility in the day to day running of the Early Childhood Care and Development Centres established in five areas. These centres were established after seeing the problems the orphans and vulnerable children were facing, most of these problems are there because of HIV / AIDS.
Throughout its life span the foundation has enjoyed networking with other likeminded organisations in the country and outside through various bodies and forums in the interest of the population it serves and for wider horizon through information shared. Individuals have aided the organisation in various forms and are always appreciated.
• The Malawi Education Project: The Malawi Edcutation Project is working in the areas of Early Childhood care and Development, education, child rights and HIV and AIDS prevention, care and support targeting orphans and vulnerable children in and around Balaka. The project operates and coordinates various sporadic community initiatives already and is working to establish a centre for creative education in Balaka as part of the Malawi Education Project. Our project targets 500 vulnerable children. We are currently working toward construction of school blocks, provision of teaching and learning materials, provision of life skills to children, a library and laboratory for the community as well as a childrens clinic.
MacDonald Semberka is the CEO of the Maphunziro Foundation (MAF)
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.