Field Band Foundation of South Africa
PO Box 5353
Durban, Kwa Zulu-Natal, 4000
Ansprechpartner: Retha Cilliers
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
The FBF is an innovative, imaginative, exciting and not for profit making organisation with a strong track record for youth development through music and dance. Our target audience is disadvantaged youth who come from communities where unemployment is high and access to youth-oriented educational activities are limited.
Programmes and activities:
- Youth Social Development through music and dance. Each group has: Two rehearsals a week; one music notation class each week; individual lessons for seniors; a minimum of 30 performances per annum; National Championships.
- HIV/AIDS & Life Skills Programme: Provide workshops for all FBF members on behaviour change inclusive of a life skills programme; HIV/AIDS information; annual prevalence study.
- Education and Life Skills Training: Interaction with formal institutions locally; workshops to increase organisational capacity; formal exams providing recognised qualifications for members; Sustainable Environmental Projects.
- Scholarships & Exchange Programmes: Interaction with formal institutions locally; workshops to increase organisational capacity; formal exams providing recognised qualifications for members; Sustainable Environmental Projects.
- Employment: Employment opportunities are created through relationships with prospective employers such as the SANDF and the commercial sector.
Retha Cilliers is the Chief Executive Officer of the organisation.
For other net participants we can offer expert guidance through trained staff, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.