Jan Mitram Kalyan Samiti
Friends of people
Janmitram House, Past Kelo Vihar, Indian School Road,
496001 Raigarh (Chhattisgarh)
Ansprechpartner: Manish Singh
+91 9826144243; +91 7024142302; +91 702414203 01
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
The association Jan Mitram (friends of people) exists from year 2002 and is working in Raigarh district. It envisions bringing livelihood enhancement of target families through sustainable utilization of existing land, water and forest resources.
Jan Mitram works for poor, without discrimination of caste, creed, sex, age, religion, and community. Its target group falls under scheduled caste and scheduled tribe category. It primarily works in rural areas.
To intervene among backward and disadvantaged communities by rising awareness and skill to make them enable for recognizing better opportunities offered by our great democratic nation.
• Improving health and educational status for women and children.
• Improving economic status of ST/SC and marginal sections of society through employment generation, skill development, and liaison for capital arrangement.
• To institutionalize services in unorganized sector and Introducing Proven technologies and ideas for better living.
• Conservation and management of natural resources through people´s participation.
• Strengthening community organizations, local bodies, and Panchayti Raj Institutions for effective self-governance.
• Advocacy for Human rights and people´s initiatives for social justice
Jan Mitram is providing variety of services to community. Its working area ranges from health, education, rural development, employment generation and skill development, natural resource management, PRA micro-planning and consultancy to other NGO/GOs.
• Watershed Development program: Soil and water conservation activities; Livelihood and micro enterprise development program; Capacity building and training
• Training and skill development program:
• Farm sector training: Vegetable farming training; Organic farming training
• Nonfarm skill development training: Basic electrical mechanic training; Two wheeler mechanic training
• Community organisation: Training of SHGs: Training of federations; Education
• Intervention on female sexworkers: Out target is to prevent new HIV and Sexual transmitted infection among these FSWs and providing counseling, medicines, condoms
Children´s Health and Nutrition Awareness Program: Objectives of this program were:
• To provide health and nutritional consultation to 0-6 year children, pregnant mother and mother suffering malnutrition.
• To aware the backward communities on rural heath, sanitation and malnutrition.
• To provide medical check up and immediate health care facilities to the underfeeding child in selected graded family.
• To provide proper training to rural patient attendants on child vaccination, best child feeding, worm problems, sanitation, protected delivery to pregnant women and enormous diseases like Diarrhea, Malaria, Pneumonia and other harmful diseases.
Manish Singh is the Administrator of Jan Mitram Kalyan Samiti.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.