Children and Community Initiative for Development (CAID)
P.O BOX 2545 ; 4 Kanifing Industrial Estate Julbrew Road
Ansprechpartner: Ibrahim Ceesay
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
The Children and Community Initiative for Development (CAID), is a public interest based organization striving towards child and community development in The Gambia. Disadvantaged communities and children that are vulnerable to poverty and human rights violations are powerful agents of change and development when mobilized from within.
CAID is a not-for profit, non-partisan and charitable organization. The structure of the Children and Community Initiative for Development comprises of a Board of Directors, Management Team and Secretariat and a Children Advocacy Network (CAN).
Core Aims and Objectives
• The Advocacy on the rights and welfare of the child
• Building coalitions on strategic issues
• Community empowerment through participatory development and governance
• Promoting education for sustainable development
• Promoting mass information, education and communication on development challenges at all levels
To empower children and vulnerable communities to overcome development challenges affecting them at all levels.
To strive towards children and community development in the most sustainable way.
• Child Welfare & Development: Providing consultation, training, and technical assistance and resources to implement programs and activities geared towards child development and empowerment; Collecting, analyzing, and disseminating information on child rights practices and policies that promote positive child development; Advocating for implementation of sound legislation, policies and procedures that positively contribute to child development programs and practices.
• Community Empowerment & Sustainable Livelihoods: Championing community led and focused initiatives; Promoting sustainable agriculture and biodiversity especially among young men and women; Creating an environment for food security; Facilitating land and resources for young farmers; Creating economic opportunities for young entrepreneurs; Promoting environmental sustainability and eco-tourism.
• Education for All: Expanding access to both government-provided and non-formal education; Vocational and literacy training for youth and adults; Early childhood development programs; Educational scholarship and sponsorship program
• Community Health: HIV/AIDS care and support, advocacy for comprehensive services and reducing stigma; Women and girls health: including reproductive health and sexual rights; Preventing and controlling disease through health education and nutrition, with a focus on HIV/AIDS and malaria; Maternal and child health and rights; Strengthening community health systems; Community led initiatives on Water, Sanitation and Hygience (WaSH)
• Disaster Risk Reduction & Climate Change
Ibrahim Ceesay is the Executive Director of the Children and Community Initiative for Development (CAID).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.