Mary Joy Development Association (MJDA)
P.O.Box. 12939; Kolfe Keraniyo Sub city Woreda 14
Ansprechpartner: Sr. Zebider Zewudie
+251 911 208518; +251 118 966321
+251 112 702108
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Mary Joy Development Association (MJDA) is a nongovernmental, non religious, non political and nonprofit making organization established in 1994 in Ethiopia.
MJDA works toward empowering children, women, families and other undeserved community groups through integrated development programs which focus on capacity building and encourages genuine participation of beneficiaries to the effect that target communities became HIV and aids competent and their livelihood improved .
MJDA- strives to see healthy, poverty free and empowered society.
• Work towards reducing the level of poverty through prompting basic social service and improving livelihood of target communities.
• Prevent the HIV transmission and mitigate the impact of Aids on the target communities with special focus on infected and affected members of the community both through service delivery and advocacy work
• Build institutional capacity of MJDA and target communities for effective implementation of the mission of the organization.
• Improving Livelihoods:
Economic Empowerment: Involves in provision of vocational skill training, Income Generating Schemes, Training on Basic Business Skills, promote working culture.
Primary Health Care Services: Includes Information, Education and Communication [IEC], Integrated Management of Childhood Illnesses (IMCI), Reproductive health service [RH], Environmental Health and personal hygiene, Basic curative health service.
Providing Primary Education: Services like expansion of schools, construction of new libraries, kindergartens and primary schools, tutorial class and non formal education, provision of scholastic materials and school fees to orphan and vulnerable children.
• HIV&AIDS: HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care and Support: MJDA works towards preventing the spread of HIV/AIDS, mitigating and alleviating the impacts of HIV/AIDS on the target communities with special focus on infected and affected members of the community both through service delivery and advocacy work.
• Community and Organizational Capacity Building: This Program aims to build the institutional capacity of MJDA, CBOs and target communities for the effective implementation of the mission of the organization.
• Private community, public partnership (PCPP): MJ-DA has designed strategies to ensure institutional sustainability and program continuity through enhancing the culture of giving and volunteering among various groups of people locally and internationally. MJ -DA promote this program through Sensitized different community groups for local resource mobilization through seminar, workshop, panel discussion, forum, organizing different events, Lobbing universities, college, vocational schools and other institutions, companies for free scholarship, job placement and membership package. Above and beyond Local resource mobilization, through family sponsorship is the major focus of the organization to ensure sustainability and ownership of the program ensure institutional sustainability and program continuity through enhancing the culture of giving, and upholding local and international resource mobilization.
Sister Zebider Zewdie is the Director of Mary Joy Development Association (MJDA).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.