Rural Alliance for Development (RAD)
P.O.BOX 3210; 60B Methodist Shopping Plaza,Macualay/Ikot Ekpene/Macurlay Road
Ansprechpartner: Chiedozie Atuonwu
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
Rural Alliance for Development (RAD) is a private, non-governmental, not-for-profit organization that uses football as a tool for Peace-building and positive social change in different rural communities around Abia State. RAD established in 2005 and is a credible and capable organization that works with a number of partners, ranging from local communities to national and international development alliances to design and implement projects that create positive social development for youths through the power of football.
RAD´s vision is to educate and empower the youths through the instrumentality of football.
Our mission is to achieve peace, reduce poverty and diseases in Nigeria through sports, training, research and strategic partnerships.
• Enhancing opportunities
• Developing positive attitudes
• Learning through sports
• Using football as a peace – building and conflict transformation tool in the Niger Delta.
• Creating strong moral character
• Offering a variety of after school programs
• Providing opportunities for urban and sub-urban youths.
• Building academic excellence.
• We work with the youths (male & female) between the ages of 12-30 to strengthen their efforts towards their development thereby fighting poverty and diseases in a sustainable manner.
• Also, we provide responsible and strategic platforms for donors and charitable people to help the out and in of School Youths live a better life.
• We focus on equipping youths with the skills and appropriate values and attitudes to act and manage their own development and improve the quality of their lives. Priority is given to youths empowerment, HIV/Aids, peace building and education.
• We have facilitated several youth–led projects (GCAP and Abia State Peace and Conflict Management Programme).
• In addition, we have 125 registered youth members who have all received peace-building and HIV/Aids education in our pilot project at Ehimiri, Umuahia Abia State and our programs also encourages the promotion of a healthy lifestyle and voluntary testing and counseling amongst our participants through the instrumentality of sports.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.