Students´ Campaign Against Drugs (SCAD)
P.O.Box 73749; Adalyn Flats Block D2; Off Ngong Rd. Adjacent to the Nairobi Baptist Church
Ansprechpartner: Moses Waweru
+254 722 971672; +254 (0)721929915
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
The Students´ Campaign Against Drugs, SCAD, is a non-political, not-for-profit, youth run organization that has been in existence since 1997. It is aimed at the reduction of alcohol use, substance abuse and HIV infections prevalence rates amongst the youth.
It provides young people with the right information, empowers them with decision making skills and creates an enabling environment that supports good decisions in order to encourage them to make informed decisions.
SCAD envisions a healthy society free from drug and substance abuse. To this end, SCAD is working to reduce drug and substance abuse amongst young people through innovative research, education and advocacy programs.
SCAD mission is to reduce drug and substance abuse amongst young people through innovative research, education and advocacy programs
Areas of strategic focus:
• Improving health, social and economic outcomes of young people through Substance Abuse Prevention Education in Institutions; Advocacy for substance abuse prevention policies in institutions; Youth Health Promotion Campaigns
• Creating a strong health promotion advocacy network through developing partnerships with policy makers, NGO´s, PTA´s, CSO´s and other likeminded organizations; Research and information dissemination
• Improving SCAD´s technical and financial capacity through Staff recruitment and development; Fundraising and resource mobilization
• Strengthening SCAD´s organizational and structural capacity through review and strengthen the operational policies on finance, human resource and administration; internship and volunteer strategy; developing a membership structure
Our programs target to among others, reduce rate of new HIV infections among young people and prevent/reduce substance use Our programs are anchored on three pillars;
• Education-enhanced experiential and skill based learning
• Advocacy-using arts, media and other stakeholders to champion for safe, secure and supportive environments for young people and women
• Research-primary and secondary data collection so as to fully understand the most pressing issues among Kenyan youth, and how to tackle these issues
Moses Waweru is the Executive Director of the Students´ Campaign Against Drugs (SCAD).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.