Kashmir Development Foundation
128-A Spotland Road
OL 12 PJ Rochdale Lancashire
Ansprechpartner: Sardar Aftab A. Khan
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Kashmir Development Foundation (KDF) is one of the leading indigenous Kashmiri Development organizations working for community development in Azad Jammu Kashmir (AJK). After its establishment in 2000, KDF started its operation from Bhimber, AJK. In the last years we have helped hundreds to get medical aid through our Free Ambulance Service, education and training opportunities to hundreds to secure employment. We also work for the protection of our environment through our tree plantation campaigns, water and sanitation improvement projects and a wide range of services to support and enhance the potential of our community towards a sustainable future. KDF’s approach to development is based on the concept of creating effective partnerships by involving voluntary and statutory organizations to provide people a better solution for their issues. Kashmir Development Foundation is continuing to develop and improve its working strategy, which will help us in mitigating poverty, protecting our environment and meet the future needs of our nation.
Our ultimate goal is a democratic, peaceful, environmentally friendly, socially viable and economically sustainable society.
Since its foundation KDF has been working in these areas:
- Rehabilitation of the internally displaced people and victims cross border shelling and firing along Line of Control (LOC).
- Women skill development through vocational training, a sewing training centre was established in 2001 for the widows and orphans in Bhimber.
- Free ambulance service and medical help for poor and needy.
- Water and sanitation project at Pindi Chunja, District Bhimber.
- Help in study reports on the causes of the failure of Building Structures during earthquake in coordination with Healing Hands (North) and the department of Structural Engineering, University of Teeside, United Kingdom.
- Implementation partnership with Healing Hands (North) in Architectural and structural design for earthquake resistant Houses of type H6-H8 houses with the help of the Teeside University at village Sehunta, Tehsil Rawalakot, District Poonch.
- IKRA Scholarships: In partnership with IKRA a Rochdale based Charity KDF is managing scholarships for Disabled, Orphan and poor children in Azad Jammu Kashmir to meet their needs e.g. books, study aid materials, cloths etc.
- Also working in partnership with Wales Health Society and a number of Individual donors for reconstruction of schools in Muzaffarabad, 5 schools have been reconstructed so far.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Further we can offer expert guidance through trained staff and deliver a lecture in the field of Conflict Resolution, Emergency Relief, Development.