Community Aid International (CAIN)
Ansprechpartner: Danso Donne
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Community Aid International (CAIN): is a local registered non profit non governmental organization based in Adidome Volta Region of Ghana.
CAIN believes that young people have essential qualities to bring to the fight against poverty. We believe that by supporting education and encouraging entrepreneurship, we can empower young people to realize their full potential. Our aim is to works with men, women and children to help them identify and resolve their own problems.
Our vision is to grow into a well-organized and reputable organization playing leading roles nationally and internationally in building a secure future for communities through socio-economic empowerment. Our vision is to improve the quality of life for all people, to build hope, to advance human rights, to strengthen the fabric of community, and to strengthen democratic society. We support sustainable and regenerative programs that have measurable outcomes and replicable models with beneficial results.
Areas of focus:
• Child development: Orphans and vulnerable children, education and literacy, foster care.
• Health and environment: Clean water and sanitation, HIV/AIDS and TB awareness, maternal and child health, food security and sustainable agriculture.
• Economic development: Financial services and enterprise development, women empowerment.
CAIN has three key projects:
• Build a school - Improving access to quality education.
• Build a business - Improving access to quality, vocational and business skills training.
• Build a farm - Teaching local farmers on modernize/technological farm practice to increase their out put, preparing organic manure, helping on farm to harvest or planting of crops, fruits, vegetables and more, help in farm management etc..
The CAIN-Volunteer-Programme gives volunteers from all over the world the unique opportunity to participate in community development projects, have insights about rural communities and be part of the change process.
Danso Donne is a member of the management of CAIN.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Also we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.