Irish Peace Institute (IPI)
University of Limerick
Ansprechpartner: Cannon, Matt, Dr.
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
The Irish Peace Institute (IPI) is a charitable, non-governmental organisation based in the Republic of Ireland. The mission of the Irish Peace Institute is to contribute to the process of peace-building through programmes of education, research and outreach directed to the development of mutual understanding and co-operation between the people of Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland. Mission:
- Explore the concept of peace and peaceful change at international, national and regional levels; and in particular to examine and develop the conditions of peace, justice and reconciliation on the island of Ireland.
- Foster among the Irish public a capacity for the management of peace and co- operation as well as the acquisition of the intellectual and practical skills of conflict analysis, mediation, and negotiation of difference that they can take into public and private life.
- Promote forms of understanding and communication between groups and communities of different persuasions; cultural, religious, ethnic, linguistic or others, that serve to establish understanding and trust and that enable all to value tolerance and to celebrate diversity.
- Challenge prejudice, stereotyping and intolerance wherever they exist.
- Engage in the furtherance of its mission in strategic partnerships with groups and communities as well as with other organisations dedicated to peace building.
- Provide a forum for gatherings and seminars in which peace can be studied, discussed and, where needs be, negotiated.
As part of its mission to promote peacebuilding the IPI runs a number projects, seminars and publications designed to generate interest in the area of peacebuilding. Some of the topics covered by the Irish Peace Institute include: North/South Reconciliation, Cross Community Work, International Peacekeeping, Single Identity Work in Northern Ireland, Cross-Border Peacebuilding Programmes, Peace Processes.
The Irish Peace Institute focuses on Action Research related to best practice in peacebuilding. The focus of the research is to learn lessons from peacebuilding projects on the island of Ireland as well as other conflicts around the globe. Developing understanding through the experience of other civil society organisations the IPI hopes to make peacebuilding a viable strategy to diffusing conflicts around the world
As part of its Education programme the IPI offers public lectures and talks on the topics of: Peacebuilding, Conflict Resolution, UN Peacekeeping, Cross-border Reconciliation.
For other net participants we can offer expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, deliver a lecture and establish new contacts in the field of our work.