Kikandwa Rural Communities Development Organization (KIRUCODO)
Kikandwa Village, Mukono
Ansprechpartner: Robert Kibaya
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Kikandwa Rural Communities Development Organization (KIRUCODO) is a Non-Governmental Organization and was formed in 2000 mainly to focus on Rural Communities development in various sectors for self empowerment.
KIRUCODO started by a small group of rural people who were then running small income generating activities (SIGA) so as to earn daily income for self sustainability within Kikandwa Village Local Council-1, an area with devastating social and economic implications include but not limited to lower literacy level, lower employment rate, poor hygienic conditions, increasing poverty, lack of healthy care centers, women and children human rights abuses, and many others.
KIRUCODO is a developmental organization which is committed to develop human potential for self empowerment in rural communities through day- to- day applied technologies, active hands-on-learning and Research, and promotion of better agricultural methods for social, economic and educational development.
• Strengthen capacity and participation of rural people in the community development through training in day-to-day applied skills.
• Enable community leadership to partner with Human Rights Organizations to promote and protect human rights of rural community people.
• Consolidate links with agencies inside and outside community to boost community resources and enable employment opportunities.
• Maintain and improve existing programmes of Health, Education and Community Development. For example AIDS/HIV awareness, knowledge about sexual and reproductive healthy.
• To encourage and promote new agricultural methods and practices in rural areas for economical, human potential development and to extend micro-enterprise loans to rural communities.
• Promote education of all people and to improve on and build new clean water points in rural communities.
• Rural Communities Criminal Justice Awareness Project – RCC-JAP: This project has created two Community Criminal Justice Monitoring Committees (CCJMCs) at the village level. The committees are equipped with basic criminal justice skills by two experienced visiting lawyers and they play a monitoring, evaluation and sensitization role within the rural communities.
• Beekeeping: Extending beekeeping project in rural communities of Kikandwa and the surrounding is one of our main focuses to reduce poverty among the household rural farmers and to reduce on tree cutting for brick and charcoal burning.
• Community Information Resource Centre: The Organization established a community Information Access Centre which is housed in its offices in Kikandwa village. The Centre is being supported with donated publication from various donors.
• TCU Textbooks for Children in Uganda: A project currently run by a group of Chinese college students aiming to produce free reading materials for the school children in Kikandwa Village.
Robert Kibaya is the Executive Director and Founder of Kikandwa Rural Communities Development Organization (KIRUCODO).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.