Cultural Centre for Mentally Handicapped Individuals
8400 San Carlos de Bariloche (Patagonia)
Ansprechpartner: Suero, Luis
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Cre-Arte is a Special Cultural Centre which has been running since 1995, designated to provide free attention to young and adult handicapped individuals who have no social or health insurance.
The mission of Cre-Arte is to provide tools that permit that mental, motor or sensorial disabled persons satisfy their needs of social integration, autonomy and revalorization.
Why does Cre-Arte exists?
- to obtain proper knowledge, abilities and habits that tend to the integral development of persons with special capabilities and strengthen their social integration,
- to promote the development of critical and autonomous thinking,
- to stimulate different expressive channels and improve communication with their enviroment, thus favoring their revalorization as individual persons,
- to develop the human needs of self esteem, choice, creativity and communication.
How does Cre-Arte achieve its objectives?
Cre-Arte generates free educational non-formal spaces, out of which and through artistic and cultural activities, revalues recreation and amusement as a form of stimulation towards aesthetic enjoyment and self confidence within a medium of distinction and respect. These activities are performed in 18 different workshops.
Where does Cre-Arte operate?
Cre-Arte performs its activities in a 700 qm building on a 1000 qm plot of land, which gives it the possibility to assist up to 100 beneficiaries.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Also we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, deliver a lecture, procure an expert information and establish new contacts in the following fields: disability, social policy, educational policy and cultural arts.