Khwendo Kor (KK)
House # 130 sector k3 street 4 Hayatabad Phase 3
Ansprechpartner: Maryam Bibi
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Khwendo Kor (KK) is a Pashto language word means "Sisters´ Home". It is a non-profit, non-partisan organization registered in 1993. It was set up in response to an urgent need expressed by women for a forum to address their issues; it has developed into a sisterhood, guiding women to take practical steps for the betterment of themselves and their families.
It is a participatory development initiative, focusing on the active involvement of the communities especially women and Children.
We aspire to sustain and strengthen Khwendo Kor to empower vulnerable communities, especially women and children, to effectively demand their rights and contribute to a just and equitable society.
Thematic areas and programs:
Community Led Social Services
• Community Based Girls´ Primary Schools
• Literacy and Functional Education for Adult Women
• Community Based Girls´ Middle Education
• Traditional Birth Attendants
• Health Camps
• Vaccination Campaigns
• Public Health Facilities
• Women´s Micro Enterprise Development
• Natural Resource Management
• Social Mobilization and Organization
• Policy Advocacy
Relief and Rehabilitation
• Manmade and natural disasters
Organizational Development and Institutional Strengthening
• Human Resource
• Finance and Administration
• Information Technology
• Internal Governance
Maryam Bibi is the Chief Executive and an Audit Committee Member of Khwendo Kor (KK).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.