Horn Youth Development Association (HYDA)
P.O. Box 0034,
Ansprechpartner: Kalid H. Adan Abdi
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Horn Youth Development Association (HYDA) is a non-profit, non-political, community organization dedicated to youth, women and children mobilization and empowerment in Horn. HYDA works on community development with a specific target on the youth, women and children with aims to empower and provide opportunities for the youth, women and children to develop their own initiatives as well as take part in the community development. HYDA was founded in 1999 by a group of young men and women who felt the need to address the socio-cultural, socio-economic and psycho-social situation of young people.
HYDA is a community NGO that strives to empower women, children and youth in the horn of Africa through capacity building, Advocacy and awareness creation for sustainable development.
HYDA strives to see a healthy, educated, self-sufficient society where human rights are protected within a sustainable environment.
• To improve the education status for youth, children and women in formal and non-formal education for sustainable livelihoods.
• To improve the health status of youth, women and children in horn of Africa.
• To empower and advocate for protection and realization of human rights for the children, youth and women in the horn of Africa.
• To empower grass-root communities to protect and conserve the environment for sustainable development.
Programs and projects:
• Awareness Program: Sahil region Human Trafficking assessment implemented by HYDA
• Health Program: PMTCT (Prevention Mother to Child Transmission); YXFHS (Youth Friendly Health Service); HIV/AIDS SRH (Sexual Reproductive Health); PHC (Primary Health Care); FP (Family Planning); NSF (Nutrition and Support Feeding); CB (Capacity Building); RC (Radio Campaign)
• Education Programs: HYDA has been supporting non-formal education through the provision of teachers and teaching materials to some of the NFE School. YDA education program targets orphanage children, IDPs and returnees.
• Media Program: KOOR is a youth magazine managed by HYDA with the collaboration of UNICEF.
• Sports and Culture Program
• Human Right Program: Women´s Rights; Child Protection; Youth Rights.
• Environment and Climate Change
• Live Hood and Income Generation: Poultry Project; Plumbing; Tailoring
Kalid H.Adan Abdi is the Executive Director of Horn Youth Development Association (HYDA).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.