Serve SEWA (Serve the Society for Empowerment and Women Advancement)
Chhota Akhara Road
825402 Ichak, Hazaribagh, Jharkhand
Ansprechpartner: Maruti Dasgupta
+91 (0)9431503889; +91 (0)6548-285276
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Serve the Society for Empowerment and Women Advancement (Serve SEWA) is an NGO, established in the year 2001 and working towards the promotion of sustainable development in Hazaribagh district of Jharkhand.
Serve SEWA is established as a non- profit & non- political Trust, with primary objective of taking up awareness, education & training, welfare and development activities around backward rural & urban areas. Since then, Serve-SEWA has been making sincere attempts for development of rural poor families, especially women, by suitable farm and non-farm activities.
Serve-SEWA visualizes a peaceful, equitable, just and progressive value based advanced society, with truly empowered citizens, free from any caste, religion, gender and socio-economic related discrimination.
Serve-SEWA mission is to mobilize, aware and empower poor disadvantaged population, with prime focus on women & child, disabled, destitute and other marginalized sections for sustainable & equitable socio-economic, educational, cultural, mental & physical, ecological and political advancement.
• At the beginning: Women empowerment through SHG formation. Their capacity building programs were undertaken by the trust, and thereafter, activities like art & handicraft development, child education, health services, environment protection & forestation, human rights / advocacy, micro-enterprise development, youth development and involvement in community development works etc were added day-by-day.
• In subsequent years: Activities and strength of Serve-SEWA amplified by ensuring sustainable livelihoods for poor, NRM, mainstreaming of helpless female and creating ´Swablambi Kosh´ (Fund for and by SHG members for providing immediate credit needs of rural women in time, affordable interest rate and without lengthy documentation process) etc.
Maruti Dasgupta is the Chief Functionary of Serve the Society for Empowerment and Women Advancement (Serve SEWA).
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Also we can establish new contacts in the field of our work.