Transnational Foundation for Peace and Future Research TFF
224 57 Lund
Ansprechpartner: Dr. Jan Oberg
- Antirassismus, Integrationspolitik
Moving into 2018 TFF has opened a new homepage-magazine-platform - The Transnational - at https://transnational.live
It is based on a broad conceptualization of peace - in time and space.
While all is research-based, it is also analyses, policy and discussion stuff - it's for diligent students, media people, decision-makers and academics and, thus, a bridge-builder.
We have built it because we believe such a site was needed - but also to get away from having debates exclusively on social media since they - Facebook, Twitter and Google - are known now (sadly) to also practise political censorship.
At the Transnational, no one can be censored.
Finally, it is also an archive of all TFF has produced since 1986 - archives and everything. A piece of peace and world history.
We hope you'll visit, subscribe to new articles as they come - and generally look around.
A few themes/menus are not filled yet - but they will soon be.
Established in 1986, Transnational Foundation for Peace and Future Research - TFF is an independent think tank, a global network that aims to bring about peace by peaceful means. It inspires a passion for peace from the grassroots to the corridors of power.
TFF is an all-volunteer global network. It promotes conflict-mitigation and reconciliation in general, as well as in a more targeted way in a selected number of conflict regions - through meticulous on-the-ground research, active listening, education and advocacy.
The Foundation is committed to doing diagnosis and prognosis as well as proposing solutions. It does so in a clear, pro-peace manner.
TFF works in support of two major UN Charter norms - "to save succeeding generations from the scourge of war" and that "peace shall be brought about by peaceful means". The Foundation helps people learn to handle conflicts with less violence towards other human beings, other cultures and nature.
We are a networking organization with Associates all over the globe. We believe that alternatives to the main trends of our time are desirable and possible - indeed necessary for humankind to survive and live with dignity.
TFF is critical and constructive. It is and shall remain an experiment in applied peace research and global networking.
Conflict-mitigation, peace research and education to improve conflict-understanding at all levels and promote alternative security and global development ideals based on nonviolent politics, economics, sustainability and an ethics of care. The results, which are geared at decision-makers and citizens alike, combine innovative thinking and theories with workable, practical solutions.
What we do, how we work
• On-the-ground conflict analyses and mitigation as well as education, training and reconciliation work. The countries we focus on include Burundi, the former Yugoslavia, Iraq, Iran, Libya and other places in the Middle East as well as the European Union, Sweden, Denmark. Our activities are conducted by organized teams which are formed by the Foundation´s Associates.
• TFF is constantly developing its intellectual resource base. It provides learning opportunities and inspiration. These are the pillars of our field work and are made available to our website visitors, to students at courses and training sessions, and everyone else around the world. Everything we produce is free of charge.
• Advocacy, training, education, media and other public outreach. Our work in conflict areas and our resource base that enable us to work effectively in this third way.
• Reconciliation & forgiveness
• Media, war and peace
• World order & governance
• Nuclear abolition
• Culture, values, theories
• Pro-Peace inspiration
We are making extensive use of social media where people can find us (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Google+).
Dr. Jan Oberg is the Founder and Chairman and Dr. Christina Spännar is the co-founder of Transnational Foundation for Peace and Future Research – TFF.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.