Rural Women’s Network Nepal (RUWON)
P.O.Box: 20706, Chabahil
Ansprechpartner: Dhruba Prasad Ghimre
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Rural Women`s Network Nepal (RUWON Nepal) is an autonomous non government social organisation, registered in 2007 and working for the rights and social justice of women, youth and children in Nepal.
RUWON has already implemented a number of projects across the country, with the majority being located in the districts of Sindhuli and Kathmandu.
RUWON Nepal supports women from excluded, marginalised, and disadvantaged communities to achieve sustainable and equitable development through social inclusion, advocacy and empowerment. Further, RUWON works for the rights of children and youth. Through creating forums for discussion, education, and awareness, the organisation aspires to build the capacity of children and youth to actively participate in the development of the country. Sustainable peace and democracy are central to RUWONS philosophy and corresponding programs.
• Creating a society based on gender equality, peace, awareness and respect for human rights.
• Improve the present status of women and the socio-economic situation of marginalized communities by providing tools such as education, knowledge and skills.
• Empower women, youth and children so that they actively can participate in all sectors of society and help developing the nation.
• Women`s Literacy School: The school offers knowledge in Nepali, math and English for illiterate women in all ages.
• Students Campaign for Gender Equality and Micro Savings programme (schools/colleges): Child clubs/Youth clubs have been formed in government schools/colleges in Kathmandu Valley. During five days Training for Trainers (ToT) the leaders of the clubs were educated in gender, women`s, youths` and children`s rights, leadership development, personality development, democracy and micro saving and local resources mobilization.
• Micro Saving Program: The savings are used for sustainable income bringing investments. Before forming the groups the women were trained in micro saving, how to organize meetings and methods for solving problems that might occur within the group.
• Children`s Extra Tuition Classes: This project aims at equipping disadvantaged children with the necessary skills to avail them opportunity in future educational, employment and social endeavors.
• Stationary support for students in need
Dhruba Prasad Ghimire is the General Secretary of RUWON.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.