South East Asian Rural Development Fund, Inc.
3000 Lake Osborne Drive, #10-102
Lake Worth, FL 33461-5965
Ansprechpartner: Guagliano, Anna
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
South East Asian Rural Development Fund (SEARDF, Inc.) was incorporated in the State of Florida in 2002, as a not for profit public charity. This organization is dedicated to serving landmine amputees who have suffered the loss of their livelihood due to injuries sustained by exploding landmines. The organization's purpose is to foster public awareness and understanding for the special needs and concerns of landmine amputees in Cambodia and to develop, as well as promote programs accordingly.
The key objectives of SEARDF, Inc. are: to take those actions necessary to reduce the desperate poverty faced by disabled people and their families in a country as poor as Cambodia, by providing housing and improve life potentials for landmine victims. This will be accomplished by raising funds from the public sector and apply for grants to help the poorest of the poor in Cambodia to again become self sufficient. Its projects are as follows:
- CRESARD-Village: A village for 60 disabled families based on the Integrated Bio-Systems Concept. Sustainability, environmentally friendly, and efficient use of available local materials requiring minimal external input.
- Self help: Participants receive guidance, training, and motivation in a variety of areas.
- Silk weaving: Training by a group of land mine amputees.
- Prosthetics: Local workshop to make artificial limbs for sale in the village and outside as well.
- Literacy: Reading writing for children and adults, Khmer and English.
- Capacity building: CRESARD staff receive training for project management, planning, proposal preparation, fund raising, and sustainable agriculture.
- Health Clinic: Treatment and basic medical training.
- School: Central school for grades 1-8.
- Handicrafts: Stone carving and wicker weaving items for sale to tourists.
- Garments: Production of garments for sale in the village and outside.
- Water well: Well digging and well pump head manufacture with technology from IDE.
- Effective Microorganism: Growth, care, and utilization of Effective Micro-Organisms (EM) technology to treatment and recycling of biological waste streams of every kind, including human, animal, and crop.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, deliver a lecture, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.