Foundation for Local Democracy (Fondacija lokalne demokratije) FLD
71 000 Sarajevo
Bosnien und Herzegowina
Ansprechpartner: Selma Begic
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
The Foundation of Local Democracy (FLD) is a local non-governmental organization that has 14 years of experience in designing, coordinating, managing and providing technical and personnel support for various projects and programs.
The primary focus of our work is in the protection, promotion and advancement of human rights, especially rights of victims of violence based on gender, community building, creating institutional capacity for networking and development, and leading partner.
The Foundation of Local Democracy addresses the following issues:
• The promotion and protection of human rights at all levels of social an public life through organizing and conducting educations, trainings, seminars, conferences and congresses.
• The preparation and publishing of brochures, books and other promotional materials, in accordance with the applicable legislation in BH.
• Encouraging and supporting research projects and policies.
• Supporting of the collective action of women´s groups and NGOs in empowering women to actively participate in the transformation of the BH society and an equal role in public and private spheres.
• Improvement of the social status of women through: Prevention in the protection from domestic violence by organizing shelters, private centers and therapeutic centers, as well as training, retraining and assistance in the implemented organization, in particular through the provision of legal aid.
• The promotion and protection of children´s rights in particular from the aspect of domestic violence, manipulation of children and their exploitation in any illegal form, as well as by organizing educational and cultural programs targeted at children and adults.
• Establishing a favorable environment for a better legal and policy framework as well as the wider public awareness of the nature and role of NGOs, including the active role of joint institutions at the state level.
• Work on projects to protect and preserve the cultural and historical heritage of BH through organizing workshops, training courses, seminars and exhibitions.
• Cooperation with European and world organizations with similar program orientations on the implementation of joint projects and the provision of logistics and transportation, technical and personal participation in the realization of joint projects to help Bosnia.
• Safe House – shelter for women and children victims of domestic violence
• Shelter for girls victims of violence
• SOS Red Line – Phone for victims of violence
• Mobile Team
• Green Line: Information line, which aims to inform citizens of the gender-based violence and collect data on gender-based violence, sexual and reproductive health - the right to live free from violence and discrimination based on sex / gender.
Selma Begić is the Project Manager of the the Foundation of Local Democracy (FLD).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.