East African Playgrounds
Plot 7, Bungalow 11 Amberly Lane, Amber Court; PO BOX 1627
Ansprechpartner: Tom Gill
- Hilfe für Entwicklungsländer
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
East African Playgrounds (EAP) is a UK registered charity and registered international NGO in Uganda, focused on East Africa, primarily Uganda.
EAP is a charity that believes that alongside education, children need access to play activities to reach their full potential.
In 2009 EAP was formed, and the first playground in Uganda was built through our first volunteering project.
We believe that all children deserve to have a safe, fun and exciting place to play, so they can access all the benefits that play has to offer for their learning, development and wellbeing.
Our mission is to:
Give children their childhoods through play, by providing play facilities and play training for communities.
By implementing our play programmes in Early Childhood Development (ECD) centres, primary schools, hospitals and refugee settlements across Uganda, we work towards our vision.
Across East Africa, the importance of play is recognised and acted upon, and children can access their childhoods through play.
What we do:
• East African Playgrounds provides play programmes in disadvantaged communities across Uganda. In each community, we use our repeatable model which includes:
• Playgrounds: The installation of a high quality, safe and exciting playground, based on community consultation and following the latest international safety standards, built using locally sourced and recycled materials
• Vocational training: In-depth theoretical and practical training for teachers in the importance of play-based and child-centred teaching for children´s learning, and its use in the classroom
• Community engagement: Training for communities and parents in the importance of play for children´s healthy development, and practical ways to encourage children to play.
• We have developed our play programmes to create quality training opportunities and employment for young adults in our playground building workshops.
• By constructing our playgrounds using local materials and using our teams of locally trained playground builders we ensure even greater positive impact in Uganda.
Tom Gill and Carla Gill are co-founders and CEO's. David Spencer is Country Director in Uganda
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.