Keepers of the Waters
1415 S.E. Tacoma Street
OR 97202 Portland
Ansprechpartner: Betsy Damon, Lonnie Feather
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Keepers of the Waters is directed by environmental artist Betsy Damon. She founded Keepers of the Waters in 1991 in Minnesota, USA with the support of the Hubert Humphrey Institute. It serves as an international communications network for people actively engaged in projects that transform our relationship to water.
The mission of Keepers of the Waters is to inspire and promote projects that combine art, science, education and community involvement on behalf of the environment to restore, preserve and remediate water sources. We are working in the United States and internationally on collaborations for sustainable water practices.
What We Do
• Educate: Science is the base of information that people need to understand the issue
• Create: Art is the means of communication and inspiration
• Connect: Community involvement brings in all those who wish to restore and preserve water quality. We mentor and fund where possible.
• Artist initiated projects: Water Rules – Life, Resources: Saving Living Systems, Chinook Bend Natural Enhancement Project, Sounds of Water Fountain, Living Water Garden, Artist Performance Projects 1995-96
• Planning and design: Olympic Forest Park, Wenyu River Model Project, TongZhou Model Ecological Park, Trinity River Corridor Project
• Keepers Inspired Projects: Model Village Project, Watershed: Art, Activism and Community, EcoArt Treasure Coast, The DaVinci Water Garden Model Project, Edwards Aquifer National Park
Betsy Damon is the Founder and Director and Lonnie Feather is the Administrative Director of the Keepers of the Waters.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.