Circle Pines Center (CPC)
8650 Mullen Road
MI 49046 Delton
Ansprechpartner: Tom VanHammen
- Gemeinschaft, Gemeindeprojekt
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Founded in 1938 Circle Pines is the oldest cooperative in existance in the United States. Circle Pines Center is a member-based, non-profit education and recreation center. We run a children´s summer camp and year round retreat center with programs for families, children and adults. The organization owns 294 acres of land with rolling hills, hardwood and pine forests, meadows and frontage on Stewart Lake. We have miles of trails for hiking and cross-country skiing, diverse wildlife and an organic garden and orchard.
The mission of Circle Pines is to teach peace, social justice, environmental stewardship and cooperation. The Center aims to demonstrate cooperative alternatives for economic and social issues and to teach cooperation as a way of life.
• MEMORIAL DAY / SPRING MEMBERSHIP WEEKEND: One of CPC´s twice-yearly Membership Meetings is combined with this holiday weekend.
• BUTTERMILK JAMBOREE: The Buttermilk Jamboree celebrates traditional and progressive arts with a common vision of social justice, cooperation and sustainability. Music, art, storytelling and workshops will create an environment of discovery and connection.
• SUMMER CAMP: For 5 weeks (two 2 week sessions and one 1 week session), children ages 8-17, and the staff, are members of a cooperative community, learning the value of interdependent living. Everyone shares in the cooperative tasks necessary to maintain the community. Nonviolent solutions to problems are sought as well as alternatives to competition in all aspects of the camp's daily life. Work projects, swimming, theater, nature exploration, folk dancing, cooperative games, and arts and crafts activities all contribute to the summer camp program.
• PEOPLE´S INSTITUTE: The People´s Institute will be a week full of intergenerational camp focused on education, cooperation and recreation.
• CO-OP FALL RETREAT: Take this weekend to get away from it all to connect with nature´s wonderland and other co-op friends from near and far.
• APPLE CIDER / FALL MEMBERSHIP WEEKEND: The second membership meeting of the year is combined with picking apples from Circle Pines´ orchard and pressing them into cider.
• SPANISH IMMERSION: Gather for fun and friends and immerse yourself in the Spanish language and culture. Whether you are a native speaker or just a beginner, this weekend is a time to brush up on your skills and share traditional food, songs and stories from Spanish speaking cultures
• THANKSGIVING DINNER & WEEKEND: CPC provides locally raised turkey, home-made stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, coffee, tea, sparkling juice and organic whipped cream.
• NEW YEARS GETAWAY: Lots of great activities for families and plenty of time to relax by the wood stove.There will be cross country ski and snowshoeing instruction and the sledding hill will be open.
• GOAT CHEESE & SOAP MAKING WEEKEND
• MAPLE SYRUP WEEKEND: With a little help from mother nature, the sweet smell of boiling sap will fill the air these weekends.
Tom VanHammen is the Director of the Circle Pines Center (CPC).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.