Tanzania Book Support Trust (TBST)
P.O. Box 5702
Dar es Salaam
Ansprechpartner: Kajia Mjema
Tanzania Book Support Trust [TBST) is a non-profit making organization.
The purpose of TBST is to promote and support the development of a literate environment in the country. This purpose is being accomplished through acquiring appropriate reference and supplementary books and other educational materials in Tanzania and outside the country and make them accessible to learners with an emphasis on library development.
TBST has been assisting schools and other educational institu¬tions that have joined membership by accessing, books and other educational materials to them. The activities of TBST cover the whole country originating from Dar es Salaam with assistance of ten distribution centres.
• To promote and support the development of a literate environment.
• To encourage the book reading habit in Tanzania by facilitating access to books and other reading materials.
• To acquire appropriate books and other educational materials in Tanzania and outside and make them accessible to learners with an emphasis on library development.
• To offer awards, prices and certificates of merit to individuals and institution who have made significant contributions to the development of books and reading in Tanzania.
• To do all such things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of all the above objectives or any of them.
TBST relies on funding from the support of some working partners in UK, USA and Canada, who contribute books or pay the shipping costs of containers of books. Apart from paying the shipping costs of containers, CODE (Canadian) organization contribute funds to assist in covering some administrative costs The other sources of funding are through the membership fees and annual subscription. Membership of TBST is open to all kind of schools, organizations and all kinds of libraries.
Kajia Mjema is the executive director of TBST.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.