Villagers Development Organization (VDO)
H.#.206-A/A Chaki Para near Allied Bank Shahdadpur
Ansprechpartner: Muhammad Rafique Talpur
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Villagers Development Organization (VDO) is a non-governmental, non-profitable, non-religious and non profitable Organization, founded in 1993 and working for the prosperity and development of the vulnerable community in Sindh Pakistan.
Overall vision of VDO is to raise socio economic condition of the poor communities through supporting micro credit facility and capacity development training program. VDO have come together to work in poverty alleviation, women development, health and education development, computer education, community physical infrastructure of the area and on climate change.
VDO is organizing different trainings workshop such enterprise development, livestock workshop, women empowerment, child rights protection for community development on different subjects and issue.
• Social development: In Social development sector VDO promote capacity of marginalized and vulnerable communities through meetings, workshops, seminars and exposure visits to change their life in positive way and create income to reduce vulnerability. In social sector VDO support backward areas such as health, education and poverty specially women and children to promote quality education.
• Micro credit and enterprise development: VDO have three products such as enterprise loan, live stock loan and agriculture loan group or also individual. Micro credit plays an essential role in reducing poverty and enhances employment in the area.
• Health Development: VDO social officers aware the community about health awareness in their door steps in keeping view regular field visits. Catholic Relief Services (CRS) supported food aid project such as lentils, milk powder and cooking oil to promote health of vulnerable communities specially women and children. In health awareness VDO also supported sanitation scheme to control the diseases with support of Sindh government. Trust for Voluntary Organization (TVO) supported a project on safe drinking water.
• Education: Social organizer organize community meeting with parents to enroll their children in to government schools. There are free students books and have no any fees of admission. VDO also support books, pens and bags to students. VDO is playing key role for strengthening enrollment, specially encourage to community for female education.
• Computer Education/Information Technology: VDO mobilize the parents and community about computer education for this purpose to enhance computer education VDO started a Computer center that is affiliated with Sindh Board Technical Education Karachi. In the center the tutors started the computer classes of MS office, Short course, CIT & Internet.
• Financial Education: VDO is working with low income group in financial education. VDO social organizer and team members mobilize the community on financial education. VDO organized training workshops in Nationwide Financial literacy program.
• Human Rights: VDO work on human rights and awareness programmes with different network members and partners. VDO conducted workshops and seminar on Child rights protection with school children and teach
• Community Physical Infrastructure: We have a drainage scheme & bricks street. Waiting room: This project supports that passenger they are waiting for the bus stop for local transport facility. Especially patients, children and women they were waiting beneath open sky in sunny or rainy season now they have a shelter. Link road: 1 Km of the link road from village Mehar Ali Talpur to Village Badal Khan Brohi.
Muhammad Rafique Talpur is the Chief Executive Officer of the Villagers Development Organization (VDO).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.