Lok Kalyan Samiti
Sucheta Bhawan (Near ITO) 11-A, Vishnu Digamber Marg,
110002 New Delhi
Ansprechpartner: Manish Kumar
+91 (0)11-23235505; +91 (0)11-23230685
- Gemeinschaft, Gemeindeprojekt
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Lok Kalyan Samiti is a non-profit, apolitical voluntary organization based in New Delhi. Lok Kalyan Samiti functions from two centres at Chakkarpur (Gurgaon) and Nand Nagri (Slum Resettlement area) in northeast Delhi, in addition to its main office located in the heart of Delhi near ITO. Established in 1952, it is engaged in various social causes and welfare activities, which include healthcare, remedial education and vocational training.
• Lok Kalyan Samiti eye care programme equipped with a 40-bed hospital and OPD facility and is one of the pioneering Cataract elimination efforts in the country.
• Lok Kalyan Samiti provides completely free service to patients for Cataract Surgery including prescribed medicines and glasses.
• Lok Kalyan Samiti, also provides OPD clinic service in several medical specialties, homeopathy consultation and medicine, immunization of children, diagnostic services (X-ray, laboratory) and physiotherapy at nominal charges. Extension centres also provide some of these services and act as referral points for cataract surgery.
• Samiti (Nand Nagri Centre) also runs remedial education program for slum resettlement children and a community outreach programme along with vocational training for youth and women.
• Eye Care: Cataract removal Surgery camps; Refractive Corrections; The hospital facility includes one Operation theatre, one 40 bed ward and all the necessary diagnostic and surgical tools and machinery like: Microscopes, slit lamp, Laser Indirect Ophthalmoscope (LIO), YAG Laser, Retinoscopes and refraction boxes, Auto Ref. Keratometer, Pulse Oximeter and BPL BI- Phasic Defibrillator with printer.
• Super Specialty Clinics: Medical Retina; Diabetes & Thyroid Care Centre
• General Medical Services: From a ´mobile bicycle dispensary´ to a full-fledged OPD hospital for the poor, which provides multi-disciplinary services in the area of general physician consultation, gynecology, ENT, orthopaedics, dental care, skin and pediatrics. In addition, a Homeopathy clinic provides an alternative system of medicine which is becoming popular. The hospital has a well-equipped laboratory service to support pathological testing. Diagnostic X-ray facility is also integrated into this service; Physiotherapy services
• Sponsor a child: Lok Kalyan Samiti initiated a reach out programme by encouraging children towards education. Under this scheme, poor and disadvantaged children were enrolled at the centre. Children identified under the project start from 4-5 years of age and continue until class X i.e. 15-16 years. Each child, in addition to remedial education, gets free health checkup and other essential benefits. Children are gifted need based items like school shoes, books etc. They are taken for special educational tours and festivals.
Shri Vishwa Bandhu Gupta is the President of Lok Kalyan Samiti and Manish Kuma is the Contact Person at Sucheta Bhawan, New Delhi, the main office of Lok Kalyan Samiti.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.