Yated - Children with Down Syndrom
19 Yad Harutzim Street
Ansprechpartner: Ada Oz
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
The non-profit organization Yated - Children with Down Syndrome - was founded in 1980 by parents of children with Down syndrome. Their purpose was twofold: to raise public awareness of the needs of children with Down syndrome and their families as well as to ensure professional care for these children enabling them to integrate into the school system, the workplace and Israeli society.
Yated continues to provide services to the families through guidance, professional counseling and emotional support in an effort to improve the child’s chances of living in the community as an equal.
Yated works towards integration not only in the educational system but also in the workplace by offering job placement services. We also address the social needs of children and young adults with Down syndrome through extensive social programs often held in inclusive settings in the community.
Yated’s Activities and Projects
• National Medical Center for children with Down syndrome at Hadassah Hospital, Mt. Scopus, Jerusalem
• Program to prevent abandonment of newborns with Down syndrome
• The Center for Education Inclusion
• Job placement and community living programs
• Support groups for parents and siblings of children with Down syndrome
• Guidance in finding appropriate educational settings and ongoing support and guidance to educational staff
• Day centers for babies
• Big Brother and Big Sister programs for children with Down syndrome
• Conferences for parents, educational staff and paramedical professionals
• Yated newsletter
• Translation and production of professional articles
• Integration through Music program
• Computer classes
• Social weekends for young adults with Down syndrome
• Summer camps for children and young adults with Down syndrome
Ada Oz is the General Director of Yated.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.