Naba Prabhat Orpahange
....a ray of hope for the orphans
784154 Sonitpur, Assam
Ansprechpartner: Trishna Mani Laskar
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Naba Prabhat Orphanage is a home to many orphans, situated at a village named Ketekibari, Tezpur, Assam. We are providing food, shelter, clothes, education, healthy environment and many more to the orphaned children, since date of establishment (3rd Feb. 2006).
The founder of the orphanage was Late Bidyut Saikia. He was really a kind-hearted and understanding person. He worked tirelessly to improve the living conditions of the orphanage without any government aid. His wife, Mrs. Trishna Mani Laskar, who is currently the caretaker, plays the role of a mother to all children at the orphanage. She is not only a mother but also a teacher to the children. There are about 24 children at our orphanage and they stay in one dormitory. The children are aged 6-15 years. Their boarding and lodging is well managed. Not only this we also providing them education, healthy environment, cultural society and many more for their physical as well as psychological development. They study in government schools. Their talent in singing and classical dancing is highly admirable. They also learn Kshatriya and Yoga. The younger children learn nursery rhymes and alphabets.
Our mission and plans
• To provide all fundamental needs such as food, clothes, shelter, education etc to the children
• Emphasis on the educational and cultural development of the children
• Try to provide homely environment to the children.
• Providing extra curriculum activities and vocational trainings to the children, so that they can survive their future easily.
• "Sarve Vabantu Sukhinaha Sarve Santu Niramaya" – by accepting this great thought, as result we try to arrange health check-up/vaccination/council campaign for the children at least 2 times every year. Concerning on health of the children a yoga class is arranged once in a week.
• Besides these all fundamental needs, we try for their cultural and spiritual development, as result we provide them all cultural opportunities, such as music (vocal, Adhunik), dance (Bharat Natyam, Satriya, modern dance) etc. We also focus on the individual psychological development, and so we provide them motivational, inspirational as well as meditation classes.
• Blood Donors Database is the first website that collects the blood donors details in its Database, so that blood can be donated to the patients in right place and right time. We see that for blood deficiency or for being late to provide blood many patients in India and abroad die day by day.
Trishna Mani Laskar is the Chief Functionary of Naba Prabhat Orphanage.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.