Women for Dignity and Development Foundation
Ansprechpartner: Kamondo Byemba
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
WODIDEF is an independent, non-political, non-partisan and not-for-profit organization created in 2006. It is a membership organization consisting of farmers, teachers, nurses, journalists, lawyers, workers - men and women who are concerned with the poor social, economic and political status of women and child girls in Uganda. We envision a world where women and girls are free from violence, a world in which women and girls have secured control over their own lives, a world which values fairness, gender equity and social justice, a world in which every child develops to his full potential.
WODIDEF’s mission is to improve the lives of women and girls and the welfare of the whole community by using international human rights standards to advocate for women and children. We seek to protect and promote the rights of women and children through research, documentation, education, training and economic empowerment. Our aim is to empower women and child girl through training, education and entrepreneurship so as they play an active role in all the spheres of the community.
Goals and objectives: The overall goal of the campaign is to reduce violence against refugee and internal displaced women and girls in Uganda, especially within refugee settlements.
The specific objectives include:
- To raise awareness on violence against women in Northern and Western Uganda Provinces;
- to reinforce the capacity of the local NGOs and law enforcers to address violence against refugee and internal displaced women and girls throughout the country;
- to disseminate the CEDAW and the additional protocol to women and youth organisations and law enforcement officers;
- to call upon the Ugandan Government institutions for the development and the implementation of policies aimed at the elimination of violence against refugee and displaced women and girls at the local and the national level;
- to bring about behavioral and attitudinal change towards refugee and internal displaced women and girls.
Campaign strategies WODIDIF is involving the stakeholders and actors in the planning, follow-up and evaluation process of the activities scheduled for the campaign: women and youth organisations, schools, local and international NGOs, religious associations, Government officials, the media, the victims and alleged perpetrators of gender violence against.
For other net participants we can offer expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.