Kilimanjaro Women Information Exchange and Consultancy Organization (KWIECO)
P.O. Box 376; Kawawa Street , Tarimo complex
Ansprechpartner: Elizabeth Minde
- Frauenpolitik/feministisches Projekt
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Kilimanjaro Women Information Exchange and Consultancy Organization (KWIECO), founded in 1987, is a non-governmental, non-profit organization based in Moshi, Tanzania and serving the Kilimanjaro region of Tanzania. We work to improve the condition of human rights and gender in the area. Through our programs, we aim to reach as many marginalized people in need of our services as possible.
A society that takes responsibility to protect people´s equal rights
To have a community that respect people´s equal rights through sharing knowledge of rights, providing equal access to legal and economic services to marginalized people and lobby for change.
• To create awareness on legal and human rights issues to the public.
• To promote human rights culture in Kilimanjaro Region by militating against attitude and practices that encourages gender inequality and human rights abuses.
• To advocate for administrative and legal reforms that enhance respect for human rights.
• To facilitate access to justice through the legal system to poor women, men and children in Kilimanjaro Region by providing strategic legal services and monitoring human rights compliance in the legal and administrative machinery.
• To research and create awareness on issues that effect children´s legal rights and document strategic issues for reform.
• To disseminate information and provide open sharing of issues related to human rights and gender through media.
• To support marginalized women who suffer from gender based violence by providing temporary shelter.
• To empower vulnerable women to tackle discrimination and abuse of rights because of poverty by providing them with entrepreneur skills small capital to start small business.
• Human rights and gender education
• Legal counseling
• Litigation and documentation
• Children legal services
• Lobby and advocacy
• Economic empowerment of women destitute of their rights
• Social Support for victims of GBV and Child abuse
• Legal sector monitoring
• Legal service facility
• Women and constitution making
Elizabeth Minde is the Managing Director of Kilimanjaro Women Information Exchange and Consultancy Organization (KWIECO).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.