Lake Tanganyika Development & Relief Organisation (TADERO)
P.O. BOX 1136, Kilungwe Road
Ansprechpartner: Nicholas Zachariah
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
Lake Tanganyika Development and Relief Organisation (TADERO) is a in 2000 registered non-governmental organisation, working in Lake Tanganyika area. It is a non political nor profitable organisation, whose aim is to deal with social and economical development to the marginalized community. Its head office is in Kigoma town, Tanzania, East Africa.
TADERO believes that Kigoma community will be free of absolutely poverty, Drug abuse and Excessive drinking.
TADERO shall achieve its vision statement, through improved socio-economical status, and fighting against substance use, that contribute to poverty and spread of HIV/AIDS in the Lake Tanganyika area.
• Poverty alleviation through supporting community realise problems.
• Support community in forming the workforce that can solve problems they face.
• Working together with community members in realising and improving essential areas of life that need special attention, ie. Schools, health centres, food , environment and so on.
• Support and promote the marginalized people in the community, helping them enable to establish small scale projects. Nevertheless conduct counselling to enable them abandon from low self-esteem.
• Increasing the awareness that drug abuse excessive drinking contributes to absolutely poverty and accelerate the spread of the HIV/AIDS contamination.
• Collaborate with government and other organisation in fighting against drug abuse and excessive drinking.
• Educating democracy, and human rights, and peace education to the community and refugees around Lake Tanganyika area.
• To support the community improve environment in and out of Lake Tanganyika area.
• Supporting local communities to build secondary schools, in areas where secondary schools are not available.
• Environment conservation along Lake Tanganyika area.
• Supporting marginalized groups (Women, youths) to establish small scale projects as a means of alleviating poverty.
• Supporting community realise problems, through training, seminars, workshops and PRA.
• To conduct survey on how drug abuse and excessive drinking contribute to poverty and spread of HIV/AIDS.
• To conduct train of trainees (TOT) for NGO managers, and Governmental institution in Kigoma region.
• To continue mobilizing anti drug institutions to establish drug abuse networks up to regions level.
Since established TADERO has been working together with other NGO's, in intervening problems related to poverty alleviation.
TADERO, is also a founder member of Kigoma-Kasulu NGO’s network (KIKANGONET) that combines several NGO’s working in Kigoma and those working in Kasulu district.
Nicholas Zachariah is the Executive Director of TADERO.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.