GOD CARES ORPHAN CARE ORGANISATION (GCOCO)
P.O. BOX 210
Ansprechpartner: Agnes Mughogho
+265 (0) 888 349 355; + 265 (0) 999 195 780
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
God Cares Orphan Organisation (GCOCO) is a nonprofit community based organization in Malawi. It was established in 2008 by Mrs. Rev. Agnes Mughogho and was registered by Malawi Government in 2011. The organization exists to support, promote and protect the rights of vulnerable children, youth and women in the Northern Region of Malawi.
God cares is looking forward to a nation where children, youth and women will enjoy equal rights regardless of their vulnerabilities or disabilities, becoming productive citizens in the process.
The organisation was established to support, promote and protect the rights of vulnerable children, youth and women through advocacy, empowerment and civic education guided by Christian values, national and global values of human rights, social justice and equity.
• Promote and protect destitute children`s rights to education
• Provide accommodation to destitute children and youth
• Bring back to school street children and other vulnerable children who dropped out.
• Strengthen capacity of OVC, families and community
• Improve household food security and nutrition of OVCs and families affected and infected by HIV/AIDs
• Sensitization on HIV/AIDs
What we do
• Working with Parent Teacher Association (PTA), School Management Committee and Mother Groups in 15 primary schools in Mzuzu City in bringing back to school street children and other vulnerable children
• Provide school fees, uniforms and learning materials to street children and other vulnerable children
• Provide support to children with albinism and total and partial blindness at Ekwendeni school for the blind
• Provide economic support to poor families, child headed families and grandparents looking after orphans as a way of preventing their children flocking to the street begging vending and sometimes stealing.
• Provide shelter and psycho social support to homeless street children, sexually abused adolescent girls, neglected children, abandoned children and trafficked children
• Support children in conflict with the law in detention at Police stations in Mzuzu City
• Awareness on HIV/AIDs testing, medication and positive living
• Provide counseling and guidance and awareness on life skills and journey of life
• Vocational skills to out of school street children and other vulnerable children
• Conduct Bible Study with the people we work with at different times and venues.
Agnes Mughogho is the Executive Director of God Cares Orphan Organisation (GCOCO).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.