Palestine Wildlife Society (PWLS)
Ansprechpartner: Imad Atrash
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Palestine Wildlife Society (PWLS), established in 1999, is an active and professional NGO, and non profit organization working in research and education and awareness in nature conservation (Conservation Education) among the palestinian society and the region. The philosophy of PWLS is: “Think globally, act locally.”
• Conservation and management of native species and habitats.
• Education and promotion of wildlife and nature.
• Active participation and involvement of local communities in the conservation movement, sustainable development, eco tourism, including the desertification convention and food security.
• Monitoring and promoting important bird areas.
• Helping animals and farms.
Important programs of the Palestine Wildlife Society:
• Research & monitoring of birds in Palestine.
• Establishment of wildlife monitoring stations.
• Capacity building: training of local and regional ecologists on nature conversation & management.
• Education and promotion program: Eco Club activities like environmental summer/winter camps, Eco Garden, environmental education,etc…; production of printing materials; inclusion of wildlife conservation in national curriculum.
• Introducing the Eco-Tourism Concept in the palestinian society.
• Desertification: controlling and decreasing this phenomenon through controlling overgrazing and forestation of the different areas with native plants.
Imad Atrash is the Executive Director of PWLS.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Also we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.