The Papillon Foundation
Corner Mabel & Lily Streets Rosettenville; Post Net Suite #42 Private Bag X1510 Glenvista 2058
Ansprechpartner: Stephen Smith
+27 (0) 836174182; +27 011-435-9799
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
The Papillon Foundation, founded in 2002, is an independent, non-profit and non-denominational, a-political Public Benefit Organisation with the following mission: "Papillon - Creating better tomorrows from the ashes of today"
Social improvement plan:
• To donate goods (clothing, blankets, toys, furniture, presents, toiletries, equipment, food etc.) to worthy causes (NGO´s, Old-Age Homes, Missions) and the poor
• To gift hundreds of orphans and poor children annually with brand-new toys and presents
• To refer needy cases to relevant N.G.O´s regarding legal matters, accommodation and other social matters
Medium-term: Social Outreach & Community Improvement
• To establish community-owned Computer Skills Training Centres
• Donated computers are refurbished in a Partnership with Microsoft and placed at worthy causes
Long-term: Training and skills
• To teach people English Language Skills to equip them to communicate, find work and study further (Wits University Accredited)
• To train and equip people with Accredited Computer Skills (Basic and Intermediate)(ICDL Accredited)
• To train people in the fundamentals of Project Management and equip them with accredited (SETA) skills to find jobs and improve their lives
Charity projects, Social outreach English language training, Computer training, Project Management training. Orphan support, Pensioners support, Goods donations to the poor.
Projects and programs:
• Mobile Computer Lab: Enterprise Development and Quality Computer Education for all in South Africa.
• Free trauma training for child handlers:
• 80 old age people treated to free pedicures, manicures and massages:
• Socio-Economic Development: 1500 poor children and orphans are supported. These include two crèches, special needs schools, and a care centre for disabled kids all in Johannesburg.
• Enterprise Development: 8815 community members have thus far graduated from Papillon´s accredited computer end-user training courses. 4641 graduated from the Wits University English language classes hosted at Papillon 408 Tons of donated goods have thus far been freely distributed to poor areas across South Africa.
• Feeding project
Stephen Smith is the Founder of the Papillon Foundation.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.