Beacon Youth Initiative (BYI)
No 16, Shugaba Bage Street, Adjacent New CBN
Bukan Sidi, Lafia, Nasarawa State,
Ansprechpartner: Envoh Emmanuel Okolo
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
Beacon Youth Initiative (BYI) was established in 2011 by group of individuals who were committed to giving their time and youthful energy to address the rapidly increasing problem of emerging diseases such as Hepatitis, HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Tuberculosis, Ebola as well as other emerging diseases. BYI is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), Non Political, Non-Tribal, Non-Religious and Youth Oriented Organization based in Bukan Sidi Lafia local Government Area, Nasarawa state.
A society where every youth will rise and contribute meaningfully to the healthy growth of the society.
To work collectively as youth to avert health and developmental related problems in the society through active participation/involvement in the society to provide a better, safer and healthier society for the less privilege.
• To enlighten and educate the youth more on drug abuse and alcoholism.
• To educate and enlighten communities more on endemic (emerging) diseases affecting the community like Hepatitis B Virus (HBV), HIV/Aids, Malaria, Typhoid fever, Diabetes Tuberculosis and other health related issues through Drama, Music and Jamborees.
• To create the means for providing medical assistance for the less privilege.
• Creating awareness for right of a child, youth and women in the society.
• To organize forums, seminars for spreading good living habits, moral values and methods for developing self confidence.
• To collaborate with Government Ministries, Departments, and Agencies to achieve set objectives.
• To network with similar NGOs so as to mobilize resources to enhance the living standard of our target communities.
• To undertake any other work or functions that may be for the general welfare of the people.
BYI areas of work
• Malaria, HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, Diabetes, Hepatitis, and other health related issues
• Youth Empowerment
• Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC)
• Water and Sanitary education
• Drug and Alcohol Abuse
• Sensitization, sharing of treated mosquito netting and handbills on facts on Malaria, sanitation of stagnant water in some residential building and awareness campaign on malaria.
• Awareness campaign on HIV/AIDS.
• Visiting of orphans and vulnerable children´s.
• Raising awareness in Radio/television and local newspapers on Hepatitis
• Commemorating World Hepatitis Awareness Day through awareness campaigns, sensitization, free Hepatitis B testing and administrating vaccines and handbills on facts about Hepatitis
Envoh Emmanuel Okolo is the Executive Director of Beacon Youth Initiative (BYI).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.