River Valley, Borthakur Clinic Road, Kharghuli
781 004 Guwahati
Ansprechpartner: Sujit P Bairagi
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
The DOLPHIN FOUNDATION is a frontline non-profit making non-governmental regional Research & Nature Conservation Organization of the northeastern region of India. Conceptualized and founded in the year 1992 by its present Chairman Dr. Sujit P Bairagi.
Our mission is to strengthen biodiversity conservation in the northeast region of India through action oriented field research, environment education, institutionalization & capacity building, supporting people´s livelihoods and policy advocacy to uphold environmental stability.
• To undertake extensive field research to improve the knowledge about the biodiversity of the northeaster region and thereby to help in their conservation.
• To generate awareness among all the sections of the society about the importance of protection of biodiversity and the natural environment.
• To educate children to help develop an environmentally sensitive future generation.
• To form and put in force a network of conservation expertise from agencies all across the world.
• To build the capacity at the local level to ensure participation of the communities in conservation.
• To support livelihoods of the natural resource dependent marginal communities.
• To help people develop resilience to climate change
• Species Conservation Programme
• Grassland Conservation Programmeme
• Conservation Awareness and Environment Education Programme (CA & EE)
• Educational Infrastructure Development Programme for the rural schools
• Capacity Building Programme
• Sustainable livelihood generation Programme
• Communities & Conservation Programme
• Protected area Conservation Programme
• Evaluation of plantation projects
• Critical Ecosystem Partnership Fund (CEPF) Programme
• Captive Elephant Health Care Program
Ethnic Groups Research and Development Programme:
• Study and Development of Bodo Tribes of Assam
• Study and Development of other Tribes of northeastern region.
• HIV/AIDS Prevention Program (Research, Monitoring & Awareness)
• Child Development Program
• Women Development & Empowerment Programme
Dr. Sujit P Bairagi is the Founder and Chairman of the DOLPHIN FOUNDATION.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.